SauOpen Pit Barbecue Roast Beef Sandwich
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 pounds Eye Round Roast
- 4 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dark Chili Powder
- 2 cups Open Pit Hickory Flavor Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 8 Rolls
- Mix sugar, salt, and chili powder in bowl. Rub roast with mixture and let sit 4 hours.
- Place roast in roasting pan with Open Pit Hickory Flavor Barbecue Sauce and apple juice. Cover pan and cook at 350 degrees for approximately 1 ½ hours until beef is tender.
- Serve this beef sliced on your favorite bread, brushed with Open Pit Hickory Flavor Barbecue Sauce
Suggestions: Use this sauce, and method, for pork ribs as in our Open Pit Milwaukee Style Ribs recipe
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Onion Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Generous Dash of Pepper
- 1/3 cup Open Pit Brown Sugar & Bourbon
- 4 Whole Wheat Humburger Buns Split, Toasted & Buttered
- Vlasic Hamburger Relish
- Onion Sliced
- In large bowl, combine beef, mushrooms, chopped onion, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Shape into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- On grill rack, place patties directly above medium coals. Grill, uncovered, until desired doneness (allow 10 minutes for medium and 12 minutes for well-done), turning and brushing often with Open Pit Brown Sugar & Bourbon Flavor Barbecue Sauce. Place patties on buns with lettuce, tomato, relish and sliced onion.
Serve these burgers with’ Vlasic Kosher dill Spears and chips.
Apple Whiskey Beef Brisket
Yield: Serves 15
- 1 1/2 cups Open Pit Apple Whiskey Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Molasses or Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3kg Beef Brisket
- Fresh tomato Wedges For Garnish
- Curly Endlive For Garnish
- Diced Pepper For Garnish
- To make sauce: In medium bowl, combine Open Pit Apple Whiskey Flavor Barbecue Sauce, Worcestershire, molasses, garlic and onion.
- Place brisket on grill and cook, covered, 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender (allow 30 minutes per 500gm). Turn; brush often with sauce during the last hour.
- To serve: Thinly slice meat across grain. Heat remaining sauce; serve with meat.
Brush this sauce on a thick bone in Ribeye, also known as a Cowboy Steak.
Buffalo Bacon Potato Salad
Prep Time:15 min
Cook Time:10 min
- 1kg. potatoes (such as Yukon gold and red potatoes), peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup FRANK'S RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 4 slices bacon,cooked crisp and crumbled
- COVER potatoes with water in 1 litre saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- COMBINE remaining ingredients, except bacon, in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Before serving add bacon.
Kickin' BBQ Chicken Wings
Prep Time:3 min
Cook Time:25 min
- 1 kg chicken wing pieces
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup FRANK'S RedHot® Kickin' BBQ® Sauce or FRANK'S RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- MIX wings with salt, pepper.
- GRILL over medium heat 20 to 25 min., turning often.
- TOSS wings in sauce to coat.
Baked Dorito Nachos
Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 1
- Doritos, Baked, Nacho Cheese, 1 oz. approximately 15 chips
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 4 oz. El Mexicano Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 T Grill Mates Baja Citrus Marinade
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 c. refried beans
- 2 T chopped cilantro
Serving Size: 15 chips and 1 cup chicken with 1/4 cheese
- Combine marinade with vinegar, olive oil, and 1 tsp. water. Pour over diced chicken and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place marinated chicken in a non-stick pan and cook over medium high heat, cook for 15 minutes or until completely done. Add cilantro to cooked chicken and stir. Heat through.
- Place Doritos chips on plate, top with cooked chicken and nacho sauce. Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Using El Mexicano Chipotle Chillies. Take 4 peppers out of can put into blender. Add ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth. Put into a bottle and get ready for an amazing hot sauce.